Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Second Test Attempt

I thought I might do better this second time around.  I was disappointed, but not by much.

I scored 75% overall, down two points.

As for my individual scores:
50% in printers
75% in operational procedures
75% in networking
76% in PC hardware

This was relatively consistent, but not good enough.

Again, reading the test questions correctly is vital.  There were two questions that specified how many answers to choose and I didn't choose the correct number of answers, guaranteeing a wrong answer.  There were a couple questions that, even upon review, didn't quite make sense to me.  There were also a couple that only became clear once the desired answer was explained.  I think becoming more familiar with the way the questions are presented will be very valuable for me when I take the real test.

A good thing about taking this practice test within the system it is presented in is the ability to configure the test differently.  For this round, I opted to see only questions I had not seen previously.  As a result, anything I learned from my review of the first test did not come into play.  According to the site, there are still 54 (if I'm remembering correctly?) questions I have not seen.

For my next try, I'll answer the remaining questions I have not seen.  After reviewing these, I'll be ready to retake the test and see if I've learned anything along the way.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment