Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 7

As promised, I went ahead and took the practice test.  I needed 80% to pass, and will on the actual test.  I scored 77%.  Missed it by .....that much.

From worst to best, I scored:
68% on networking
69% on laptops
77% on PC hardware
80% on printers
90% on operational procedures

A review of my misses shows me that, of the 13 questions I missed, there were only a couple that I had no clue about.  On most of them, there were two answers I liked and I chose the wrong one of the two.  There were a couple in there that, upon review, were incredibly obvious had I read the question and answers better.

I'm allowed unlimited access to the practice test for the next month, so I now have an idea of what I'll need to review.  I'm planning to take a break from the computer for now and then I'll probably try again, specifying that I only get questions I haven't seen before.  If I end up with the same areas of weakness, I'll probably re-read the book on those subjects.

I'll update again after my next try.

No comments:

Post a Comment