Thursday, May 15, 2014

Third Try


I probably should have waited until I was less distracted and feeling better, but I didn't.  I took the remaining 45 questions and took about 20 minutes to do so.

I scored a 58% overall including:
53% on PC hardware
and
62% on networking

I'm encouraged by the PC hardware score, oddly enough, because there were four or five questions which showed me an image of a motherboard and had me label many of the parts.  I got the wrong one or two components incorrect on all of them.  Now I know, for sure, which bits are which.  What I will worry about on the test is the quality of the images.  On a couple of them, I just couldn't see enough detail of the items highlighted to know what they were.

On the networking side, I missed several questions about port numbers.  That is one thing I knew very little about going in, so I know I need to study those.

I've now completed 245 questions and missed 67.  Not great, but I now know more than I did a couple days ago.  Stay tuned.  Next, I'll take another 100 question test and include everything  I missed so far.  It should be challenging and show me what I've been able to retain from my reviews of missed questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment